We firmly believe that there are no secrets to beekeeping and that the future lies in more people joining in. We enjoy sharing what we know – all of our trials, tribulations and successes along the way.
We are in the process of a putting together next year’s series of workshops:
Introduction to Sustainable Beekeeping
- You’ve heard a lot about the plight of the honeybee and you want to help. You’ve decided that keeping your own hives might be something that you’d like to do, but you don’t know where to begin.
- We’ll take you through a typical first year in a new apiary beginning with equipment choice, where to put your hive(s), how to get and install your bees, and what you should expect to see at various points in the year.
- It’s a single day jam-packed with information, delivered in a format that’s fun and easy to digest.
- lunch is provided in the price!
- Join us for a one-day introduction to keeping bees and doing it in a fun sustainable fashion.
Dates: Saturday Feb 16, 2013 (Due to a scheduling conflict, the January 26 date has been cancelled)
Location: Kingston Unitarian Fellowship, 206 Concession St, Kingston
More Sustainable Beekeeping (Intermediate)
- Are you already keeping bees in a sustainable fashion, but have more questions than ever before?
- Are you a beekeeper that wants to move to a more sustainable, chemical free methodology?
- Are you interested in a more in-depth understanding about beekeeping?
- This is the day for you!
- We will delve deeper into such topics as:
- Integrated pest management
- swarms, splits and nucs
- dealing with cross combing and other annoyances
- And don’t forget there’s lunch provided!
Date: March 16, 2013
General Course Information
- The workshop gets under way at 9:30 AM at the Kingston Unitarian Fellowship, 206 Concession St, Kingston and runs until about 3:30pm. Google knows the way.
- dietary allergies: please let us know so we can do our best to accomodate you.
- We will have a few extra writing implements but please bring your own paper and pens.
- If you’re registering for more than one person, you can change the quantity in the cart on the payment page before you check out.
- ALL questions are GOOD questions!